> > > Re:changing members name

Technical Message Board

Re:changing members name Click to ReplyReply 
  Author: Edward Brooke  Homepage   Date: Mar 16, 8:30 AM
  In Reply To: changing members name  by: Lindy Dawson

To change any surname go to the individual's family page, click on the little box to the right of their name, click edit, delete the existing surname and replace it with the new surname.

But, it is not good genealogical practise to change the individual's surname when they marry because that person would cease to be recorded in an ancestral Gedcom, or a Report, of her birth surname

When a husband's name is entered in your tree, it is done as a spouse, and it is automatically recorded that she is married, and to whom.

Replies to this message ...

Home |  Join Now |  Features |  Family Tree Sites |  Charts |  Search |  Help |  Feedback |  Privacy